Summer Science Overview
Congratulations on selecting an Aresty Summer Science research assistant!
Here is the agenda for the Summer Science program:
- Your student will move into the Livingston Apartments on May 31, 2016 and attend an orientation on June 1 to discuss their responsibilities as a Summer Science research assistant and learn important lab safety information.
- You should plan to attend the opening lunch at the Busch Campus Center on June 1, 2016 at 12:00pm to meet your student and the Aresty staff.
- Throughout the summer, your student will be required to attend multiple peer meetings with a Peer Instructor to discuss their research and to prepare for the culminating poster session.
- The deadline for posters to be submitted for printing is Sunday, July 24, at 11:59. (This only applies to students who are printing posters through Aresty.)
- Students will present their research at the Summer Science Program poster session on Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11am at the Busch Campus Center, MPR. All are welcome to attend!
- Lab safety training is being offered at 9am on June 1. We have advised all students to check with their faculty mentors for guidance on whether or not lab safety training is required. Students need to register for this training in advance.
- Library resource training is also available, and the Aresty Center will help arrange this for any students who need it. Please let us know if you are interested in having your student participate.
If you have any questions regarding your involvement in the Summer Science Program, please contact us at email@example.com.