Conference funding has been restored for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Funds are allocated through a competitive application process at the beginning of each month. The Aresty Research Center does not always fully fund students' conference funding requests. We strongly encourage students to seek funding from multiple sources, including academic departments and national research conference grants.
Conference funding awards are offered jointly by the Aresty Research Center, the School of Arts and Sciences, the Honors College, and Douglass Residential College.
Eligibility and Requirements
Here are a few essential guidelines regarding eligibility:
- Any Rutgers-New Brunswick undergraduate student is eligible to receive conference funding
- Each applicant will need to have a faculty advisor who is willing to endorse his/her project and presentation
- In all cases, the undergraduate must have significant involvement and independence in both formulating the question and conducting the investigation. Please note that the funding departments do not fund faculty- or graduate student-projects
- Students applying to attend the same conference must submit individual applications
- Students must be accepted to present at the conference before applying for conference funding
- The student must apply for funding before attending the conference. Awards are not granted retroactively.
- Conference funding cannot support meals, living expenses, tuition, or research expenses (i.e., lab equipment, books, materials, supplies, or poster printing).
- If the conference you are planning to attend falls before April, recipients are required to present their work at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed online through our secure portal. The online application requires the following documents:
- Project Overview
- Personal Statement
- Detailed Budget Request
- Advisor Endorsement*
- Official confirmation of acceptance to present at a conference
*Please note: The Aresty Research Center will only review completed applications. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their faculty advisors submit their letters of support by the 1st of the month when proposals are evaluated.
Click here to read the complete Conference Funding Application Instructions.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm on the last day of each month; funds for successful applications will be available within 15 - 30 days.