We are happy to announce a new summer research opportunity available to faculty mentors and LSAMP qualified rising juniors. Please see the attached flyer and details below for more information about the new 2020 Aresty LSAMP Summer Practical Research Experience (SPRE).
- 10 LSAMP eligible students to work one-on-one with a faculty mentor.
- Faculty will receive between $500 towards research supplies from LSAMP funding.
- Participants will receive a $3,000 LSAMP stipend for participating in this 8-week program.
- There will be mandatory peer group meetings and professional development events some evenings.
- Students will participate in the Aresty Summer Science Poster Session on Thursday, July 30th.
This program will follow the structure of the Aresty Summer Science Program with the following exceptions:
- Students must be rising Juniors (Class of 2022)
- This program will target commuter students
- Students are responsible for their own housing
- Students must meet LSAMP eligibility requirements
Stay tuned for more details on how to apply!